Monday, February 11, 2013

Review: NIVEA Pinkish Boost

It's been a while since I posted a lip care review, and today, as requested, I'll be posting an overdue review of NIVEA Pinkish Boost. I've been continuously using it for the past one year! woot~ if you're my old follower, you'll already know that I'm addicted to any lip product with the capability of enlightening dark/ discolored lip. And that's the only reason that made me buy the pinkish boost from Nivea. And oh, if you haven't, check my CherryPink lip cream review too, you might like it.


 I bought another tube just because I think I like it so much (at first)
Nivea Pinkish boost ingredients. The main ingredients is panax ginseng root extract.

Benefit:
- Restores natural lip color.
- Reduce lip dullness.
- Protect lips with SPF 15.

"An innovative formula with Pinkish Vitamin Complex and ginseng that restores the natural pinkish color for healthy-looking lips. Provides long lasting moisturization while reducing lip dullness. With SPF 15 to protect lips from further darkening."

I bought it at CENTURY/GUARDIAN at USD $ 3.60~$ 4.0

Here's the swatches of Nivea Pinkish boost ^. a very subtle pink color that is barely visible once worn. And my today's lips wearing Nivea Pinkish boost. You can see that after a prolonged use, the discolored and dark area on my lips are slighly lightened.

It's too bad that I don't have a photo of my lips before I start using CherryPink. But I swear, my lips were rather dark on the outer edges, and my upper lip color is very dull too! I hate it cuz it makes me look like I'm a smoker (while I'm NOT) o_____o Idk but I think that's genetic, since I have a healthy diet.

So in the late 2010, I started using CherryPink continuously (I bought 2 tubes of CherryPink, and only managed to use 1 tube since it lasted for more than a year). I kept using it til 2012. Whoaa hahaha... and miraculously, the natural pinkyness on my lips has finally restored~~ I stopped using CherryPink and switched to Nivea Pinkish Boost after reading so many good stuff about it on the forum.

My verdict:
Nothing special about the packaging, technically a very standard packaging for a lip care product. The plastic isn't that sturdy, cuz after a while in my make-up pouch, the neck part of the tube cracked a bit and I can't squeeze it properly now.

The cream itself, is a subtle light pink color, and no it won't gives you any tinted effect. So if you're looking for lip cream with lightening properties + tint, I suggest you to go for Cherrypink or Dodora lip cream instead.

Upon application, my lips will become smoother and moisturized. I'd say the moisturizing properties is VERY good~ thanks to castor oil and glycerin. However, there are two things that make me feel uncomfortable. The greasiness and the perfume! I've never ever wear and found any lip cream as greasy as this one ~___~ and it smells so much like a perfume too, so disturbing that I feel like I'm EATING a perfume everytime I put it on. Bweeehh....tastes like a combination of overwhelming perfume + PLASTIC. x___x

As for the lightening properties, it's hard to observe because previously I've been using the CherryPink for more than a year. So my lips color has been restored to its natural pinkish color. But I'd say Nivea Pinkish Boost keeps the 'restored' natural color of my lips, which is, great~

What I like: SPF 15, maintain the natural color of my lips, restores dull lips.
What I don't like: too perfumey, too greasy, tastes like plastic.

Overall Rating: photo rat3x.png

If you ask me, I'd choose CherryPink Bioglo over Nivea pinkish boost. But just recently, I started to use LIOELE magic lip treatment on my daily basis. It has the same effect of enlightening and restoring the natural pink lip color. My first impression about the lioele magic lip treatment is: I LOVE the cream so much, but I HATE the packaging! > . <~~ The lioele is already on my review list, and I hope to get a better result, fingercrossed. I'll let you know.

p.s: it's not about the permanent-ness of the 'pink-tint'. It's about reducing the dullness/pigmented areas on lips and make it naturally pink. So baby pink lips anyone?

Thanks for reading and I'll see you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment